Yesterday I talked about how I got here. But, where is here? I mean, obviously, it's in debt. But, exactly how much and what kind?
Sadly, we have varying types of debt; but, my first focus is on our credit card debt. It is hurting our credit score the most and since it carries some of the lowest balances it seems logical to work on paying it off first.
So, in the process of being honest and not holding back in order to really make myself aware and accountable here is the nitty gritty ...
Retail Store CC #1 - $253.49
Retail Store CC #2 - $475.78
Retail Store CC #3 - $500.00
Major CC #1 - $500.46
Major CC #2 - $641.55
Major CC #3 - $1,171.43
Major CC #4 - $1,485.60
Grand Total CC Debt - $5,028.31
Ouch! No matter how many times I look at that number, talk about that number or write that number - it still hurts. I literally cringe every. single. time.
Like I said, I have other debts too (student loans, car loans etc) but this is our starting point. We've read many different methods for tackling debt. Highest interest rate first, most recent missed payment first amongst others. But, we've decided we are going to go from lowest balance to highest. I think this will keep us the most motivated to keep going.
Here's hoping ...
No comments:
Post a Comment