Saturday, December 1, 2012

F is for Fail

BIG. FAT. EPIC. FAIL.

Seriously, if this proposed "no spend month" was a college class I would be signing up again for next semester y'all.  Let's just take a gander shall we..

November 29, 2012 - $33.68 spent:

$16.67 @ CVS - this was a necessary though, little guy was in desperate need of diapers and wipes.  As in, that morning I put the last diaper on his little bum and off to CVS we went.  I had $16 in reward bucks and a $2.00 coupon so that 16 and change got me a box of diapers and 2 packs of wipes.  Should last me most of the month.

$1.17 @ Chick Fil A - buggy was super thirsty so we stopped for a juice box.  Lesson learned, don't forget to pack a drink in the diaper bag.  I cringed when I had to spend the money and at him having a juice, but I didn't want him to spill the milk chug while we were driving and I suppose it's better than a coke?!?

$15.84 @ Pizzeria Luca - we had to drive the baby to my in-laws and back to town (2 hours round trip) and I was so tired I didn't feel like cooking.  At all.  Had a coupon for here and broke down and did it.  Yes, day one and I already went out to eat.  My goal this week is to make some meals and freeze them for these scenarios in the future.

November 30, 2012 - $33.49 spent:

$33.49 @ Blakes - ugh! This one hurt.  Bad.  Heading to pick up the babes and MIL called asking us to pick up burgers for everyone.  She had a rough day and really wanted Blakes.  Didn't have the heart to say no.  My teething bubs was part of her rough day so I did it with a smile on my face.  Externally at least :(

December 1, 2012 - $144.22 spent:

$119.67 @ Kohls - went in to use my $90 in Kohls Kash that expired on Monday.  That part worked on perfectly as I was in dire need of new work clothes and my KC's covered everything I was buying.  2 pairs of pants, 1 shirt, 1 pair of heels and some "undergarments" Wahoo! Then I made the error of telling the Hubs how much I wanted  Keurig one day.  Next thing I know he is at the register buying it for me.  I protested and he said it was my Christmas and I was not allowed to refuse or return.  I do have to say, mmmmm my cup of coffee is delicious.

$24.55 @ Burger Rush - don't even want to discuss it ::hangs head in shame::

So, total spent 3 days in is at a whopping $211.39.  YIKES!

However, instead of getting frustrated and giving up I'm just moving on and doing the best I can going forward.  Only 29 days to go ....

No comments:

Post a Comment