Monday, September 8, 2014

Whole30: The Reasoning


After hemming and hawing for a bit, I finally decided to jump on the Whole30 bandwagon.  As with all "diets" I know there is lots of judgement, if you will, involved.  But here is my story.

I am NOT doing it to lose weight.  Now, if I happen to then I'm happy with that.  I'd be even happier to lose some inches off my mid-section.  But that is not my main reasoning and if you read up on Whole30 you will see that one of their rules is that you are not allowed to weigh or measure yourself at all during the program so that people don't become obsessed with making Whole30 about that.

I AM doing this program because I need something to help  me feel better about myself.  There's a long list of things I've been struggling with lately and I'm hoping that this program will help me deal with at least some of those issues.  In no particular order they are:

* Ridiculously large and annoying dry patches on my skin.  These are currently on my left knee, both upper arms, and now starting on the back of my left thigh.  They itch so bad they hurt.  I've already tried switching detergents, soaps, lotions and perfumes.  Didn't work.  Perhaps the underlying issue is in my food choices?

* Random teenage-like breakouts on my face.  Granted, I'm sure these are stress induced as well, but it sucks.  Be gone nasty acne, be gone!

* Being tired 1,400 minutes out of the day.  Seriously, I dream about how tired I am.  That's how bad it is.  I have to force myself to move and be productive because all I want to do is lay down and take 47 different naps throughout the day.  No bueno.

* Overall mood.  To say I've been no fun to be around would be a serious understatement.  I'm moody, temperamental, and all around in a bad place with my mood.  The above I'm sure contribute to this, but something's gotta give.  It's not fair to myself, but more importantly, it isn't fair to my husband and my kids that I'm like this.

Okay, so basically I'm hoping for a miracle here ;) But, I've read lots of scientific support to show that food can be a contributor to so many things, so why not try, right?

Are any of you doing the Whole30? I'd love to hear about it, leave me your blog link in the comments!


If you would like more information on Whole30 please visit their website www.whole30.com.  They have tons and tons of information to help you become better informed.  

* Just to be clear, I was in no way compensated for this post nor was I asked to write it.  The folks over at Whole30 don't even have a clue who I am :) *

No comments:

Post a Comment