Monday, September 8, 2014

Whole30: The Prep

Whole30 has an entire list on their website on how to successfully prepare for the program.  I'm not gonna lie, I didn't follow it.  I'm the only one in my household who is doing it, and I don't think it's fair to put away/hide/condense their foods solely for me.  Now, my hope is that they will start eating more healthy, and I've already talked to the Hubs about cutting out how much "junk" we buy as they finish eating up what's left.  But for now, I did not rearrange anything in my freezer/fridge/pantry/kitchen.  However, I did prep in my own way.

* I went on a huge shopping venture.  I'm talking a few hours out of the house, 4 different stops, and totally blew what was left of our grocery budget huge.  Normally I would feel guilty about that last part, but I don't expect this to be an every week occurrence.  I'll go into more details on this in a future post.

* Spent last night prepping my breakfast for this morning.  I know this is habit for many people, it wasn't for me.  Since I was already in the kitchen I prepped my Hubs' breakfast as well.  It was nice waking up and not having to scramble around the kitchen first thing.

* Talked to the Hubs and my sister about what I was doing and why.  Let them know that I would need major support from them to complete this.

* Made a meal plan for the week.  Again, I know many people already do this.  Again, I don't.  Made grocery shopping so much easier (duh!) and I don't feel stressed about dinner tonight.  If you're interested in my meals you can find many of them in my Pinterest folder :)

* Started following Whole30 and several of their affiliates on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.  Nothing like social media to help keep ya accountable! (Shameless plug: I'd love to have you follow me on my journey over on Twitter).

* Lastly, I just got myself super excited about starting.  I thought about all the reasons I was doing it, talked about all the reasons I was doing it, and instead of viewing it as a bunch of restrictions, I started viewing it as all the ways I'm going to help myself.

If you're doing the Whole30 did you follow their guidelines to prepare or do it differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment